Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just a quick update.

I've kind of decided to put the planches and front/back levers on hold for a while. After several years of shoulder problems, I barely have the strength to do a few pushups. The shoulder is feeling better and I'm starting to build strength again but I think the planche training will be more productive after I get a little stronger. The front/back levers are as much a convenience thing as any but I've also been doing enough that I don't feel a need for extra work right now. I look forward to working on them with my wife in the summer. We can walk down to the park where there is a nice sturdy jungle gym that will work nicely.

I've been loosely following the "Solitary Confinement" program from Convict Conditioning. It goes six days per week and is described as "It should only be attempted by individuals with excellent recovery ability who have been in hard calisthenics training for over a year." So far so good but, if recovery becomes an issue, I'll make whatever adjustments are needed.

Convict Conditioning is more of a strength program and I realized that I've been neglecting my conditioning so, in addition to Solitary Confinement, I've been trying to get in some kettlebell and clubbell swinging and a bit of work on Scott Sonnon's FlowFit prograrm. We're also starting Hapkido next Saturday so maybe that will be a good workout too.

No comments:

Post a Comment